Here are a pair of cards that feature die cuts. The card on the left was intended – I die cut stitched squares from some teal and navy card stock and pieced them together like a puzzle on the card front.
I was getting ready to trash my paper scraps when I noticed the “negatives” – the scrap paper I cut the squares from – looked pretty cool together. When I cut the squares, I wasn’t at all fussy about how I lined things up, since I didn’t expect to use the rest of the paper. I actually like that the lines are a bit wonky on this unintentioal card. After stacking them together, I used a crisp while stitched rectangle frame to set them off. The sentiments for both cards were heat embossed in white.
- Neenah Solar White (base and frame); Colored cardstock in light teal, teal, and navy
- Cottage Cutz Stitched Square dies
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle dies
- Stampabilities Short Sentiments (Be Cool); My Favorite Things More Essential Sentiments (Hello There)
- White embossing powder, Versamark Ink