I love this Julia Child quote….. “A party without a cake is just a meeting.” And, I love how this seriously girly card turned out!
The background is Distress Watercolor cardstock, cut with a SSS scalloped edge die (I really do need to invest in square and rectangle scallop dies….. cutting a square with a single scallop edge die is a pain…). I stamped various “cake” images (see supplies) in Versamark ink and heat embossed them with white. Then, I used Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose, Squeezed Lemonade, and Picked Raspberry to ink things up. I put the colors on my craft mat and used a water brush to apply them.
The sentiment was also heat embossed in white on vellum and put behind a die cut frame (Cottage Cutz Stitched Squares).
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White (base and frame), Distress Watercolor cardstock (front), Vellum (sentiment)
- Sentiment: LOL Stamps Offically Old
- Cake images: Hero Arts French Treats, Concord & 9th Eat Cake and Celebrate
- Dies: Simon Says Stamp Stitched Scallop Edges, Cottage Cutz Stitched Squares
- Distress Ink: Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose, Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry
- White embossing powder