Just got some new Sunny Studio stamps – Two Scoops and Perfect Popsicles. They are fantastic layering stamps! Here’s my first attempt using them.
The stamps are very easy to align. The only trouble I ran into was finding the right combination of inks for the vanilla ice cream and the cone. Turns out I don’t really have a lot of light beige colored inks…… I ended up using a base of My Favorite Things Insulation Pink followed by Memento Desert Sand for the overlap image. For the chocolate I tried a couple of combinations but ended up liking Memento Potter’s Clay for the base image followed by a second generation stamp of Distress Oxide in Vintage Photo. For the overlap image, I used Memento Rich Cocoa. For the cherries, I used Memento Lady Bug as the base image, Distress Oxide Candied Apple as the overlay, and Memento Rich Cocoa for the highlight and stem.
I created the background using Altenew’s Halftone Circles (Distress Ink in Candied Apple). The sentiment was from the Perfect Popsicle set – heat embossed in white, and cut out with a Cottage Cutz stitched circles dies.
To finish the card off I used my Wink of Stella pen on the ice cream, and hit the hot fudge and cherries with Ranger Glossy Accents.
- Sunny Studios Two Scoops stamp set and Perfect Popsicle (sentiment) set and dies
- Altenew Halftone Circles stamps
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle dies
- Cottage Cutz Stitched Circles dies
- Inks: My Favorite Things Insulation Pink, Memento Ink in Desert Sand, Potter’s Clay, Rich Cocoa, Lady Bug, Distress Ink in Candied Apple, Distress Oxide ink in Vintage Photo
- Neenah Solar White cardstock, red accent cardstock
- Wink of Stella pen
- Ranger Glossy Accents