Today I’m sharing a fun masculine congratulations card. I was aiming for grunge. Somehow, whenever I shoot for grunge, I end up with something more of a gentle antique. So, I was determined to stay dirty for this one.
The background started as a piece of silver cardstock that I embossed with the Tim Holtz Diamond Plate embossing folder. I spread some black paint over it with my fingers, then used a paper towel to blot/wipe of the excess. Definitely dirty!
The gears were die cut using the Tim Holtz Gearhead dies. I used some shiny gold cardstock (okay, not grunge), some kraft cardstock that I inked with Distress Fired Brick and Walnut Stain, and painted with Distress Tarnished Brass before die cutting. I also die cut some black card stock painted with Distress Brushed Pewter.
The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz Celebration Block Words die set and backed with some of the leftover inked/painted kraft cardstock. This is about as grunge as I go!
- Tim Holtz Gearhead Thinlits
- Tim Holtz Celebration Block Words
- Tim Holtz Diamond Plate embossing folder
- Distress Inks: Fired Brick, Walnut Stain
- Distress Paint: Tarnished Brass, Brushed Pewter
- Black cardstock (base), Dark kraft cardstock (accents), silver card stock (front), gold cardstock (accent)