Okay, I really need to hide the Tim Holtz Crazy Bird stamp set from myself. I just have to keep making them….. This card is for my sister’s birthday. She also luvs the crazy birds AND unicorns – so, I had to do it. I had NO choice 🙂 Plus, I wanted to make a unicorn cake for her, so the card went with the theme.
To make the unicorn bird for the card, I masked a portion of her head off before stamping (I used post-it notes), then drew in her horn and mane. I colored with Copics, and added some Wink of Stella and gold gel pen.
The background was made by ink blending over a mask cut with the Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Border dies. I used Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold, Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass, and Shaded Lilacs. I printed the sentiment on my laser printer using a font called Magnolia Sky.
I used Spellbinders Basic Circles dies to make the shaker card base, front, and frame. And, I should have cut the foam that is popping up the acetate a bit thinner – you can see it here in the picture (not as noticeable in person…). It’s always amazing the details (or should I say imperfections) I see once I view the photos!!
And, here’s a pic of the birthday girl with her cake (and her daughter!). She loved the card, the cake, and all the unicorn gifts!!
- Tim Holtz mini Crazy Birds stamps
- Spellbinders Basic Circles
- Lawn Fawm Puffy Clouds Border dies and Simple Puffy Clouds dies
- Distress Ink: Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold, Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac
- Copic markers: C1, C3, RV04, RV21
- Neenah Solar White base and front; clear acetate for shaker window
- Gold gel pen
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Assorted sequins, glitter, seed beads