So, I got happy mail today! Specifically, the SSS May 2017 card kit with the new animation stamps! I couldn’t wait to try them out. Here’s my first attempts:
I tried two different techniques with the animation grid included in the kit.
- The butterfly card has the stamped image sliding behind the animation grid (the grid is affixed to the white sentiment box).
- The smiley face card has the animation grid sliding, while the stamped image is affixed to the back of the card.
I think it works about the same either way. For each I used foam tape to create sort of a channel for the piece that was sliding. Sorry, but this free WordPress account doesn’t support videos – so, if you want to see the cards in action, head on over to my Instagram account: @amylovesink
A few things I experimented with:
- Stamping the images in something other than black ink. Nope, didn’t work with the animation grid included in the kit.
- Stamping black images on colored cardstock. This “sort of” worked, but it was really difficult to see. You may want to try this on really pale cardstock – you might like it.
- Making my own animation grid. I was so hoping this would work….. I took a piece of clear acetate and drew lines with a Sharpie (and a ruler) so it looked like the animation grid. I tried a black Sharpie and a green one (I REALLY wanted a green animated cactus). The black sort-of worked, but not nearly as good as the animation grid included in the kit. The green grid, nope. I think the grid needs to line up with the lines in the stamped image to give a good effect, and I wasn’t precise enough with my lines….. perhaps I’ll try this again someday when I’m REALLY BORED….
- Uchi’s Design Animation Stamps/Grid for the Simon Says Stamp May 2017 card kit
- Illustrated Faith designer papers (included in the SSS kit)
- SSS Doll Pink cardstock (included in the May kit); SSS Bright Yellow cardstock
- Neenah Solar White cardstock (base); black cardstock as accent
- Hero Arts Lia Griffith Love Bug clear stamps (butterfly image)
- Tim Holtz Crazy Talk stamps (sentiment)
- SSS Stitched Rectangle dies
- Cottage Cutz Stitched Circle dies
- 3/4″ circle punch (used to create pull tabs)