Here are a few Easter cards using Tim Holtz stamps. I think the dog and bird make a cute couple!
The bulldog is from Tim’s Crazy Dogs set, the sentiment from Crazy Talk, and the hat and ears from Crazy Things. I used Distress Ink and a waterbrush on the images. The background was created with the Tim Holtz Tailor stamp. I stamped the image on watercolor paper and heat embossed it in gold. I then sprinkled on some Paper Artsy Infusions (Black Knight and Royal Blood) and spritzed heavily with water. Here’s a close-up of the background – LUV!!! – I think it looks like marble tile….
I accented the background with some kraft-core cardstock in a dark blue and distressed the edges of both. The frame for the dog and the sentiment strip were cut out of a dark kraft paper. I also sed some Distress Paint in Antique Brass on the frame as well as some Walnut Stain Distress Ink, and gold embossing to finish things off.
The chickie was from, of course, the Crazy Birds set, the hat/ears from Crazy Things, and the sentiment from Crazy Talk. Like the dog, I colored the bird with Distress Inks and a waterbrush. The background was created by masking off a piece of watercolor cardstock with post-it tape, then blending in several Distress Inks (Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose, and Scattered Straw). After it was VERY dry – I used some border stamps from the Tim Holtz Patchwork Pieces set and heat embossed them in gold. The circle frame was heat embossed with gold.
- Tim Holtz Crazy Birds (stamps and die)
- Tim Holtz Crazy Talk
- Tim Holtz Crazy Things
- Tim Holtz Crazy Dogs
- Tim Holtz Tailor background stamp
- Tim Holtz Patchwork Pieces (borders on plaid)
- Cottage Cutz Stitched Squares and Stitched Circles (frames).
- Neenah Desert Storm cardstock (base and accent for bird card); dark kraft cardstock (base and accent for dog card); kraft-core cardstock (accent)
- Distress Ink: Stormy Sky, Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose, Scattered Straw, Mermaid Lagoon
- Paper Artsy Infusions: Royal Blood, Black Knight
- Wink of Stella glitter pen
- paper distresser
- Tim Holtz idea-ology fasteners
- Versafine watermark ink (heat embossing)
- Gold embossing powder