Okay, these are my final batch of Easter Cards! These were made with the super cute stamp set, Eggstraordinary Egghunt, from Create A Smile stamps. Luuuuvvvvvv this set. The design for the cards was based on some mixed media tags by one of their design team members, Samantha Mann. I bought this set because of those tags – so, I just had to try to create card versions.
The characters were stamped on white card stock and colored with Copics and cut out. I created the backgrounds with a combination of stencils/Distress ink, Distress paint, and some washi tape (see supply list at the end of the post). I started with the stencils/inks then added some splotches of paint directly with the sponge dabber top (below left). I then added some washi tape from my stash (below right).
I used the largest SSS Stitched Rectangle die to cut down the backgrounds. Then, I used my Misti to stamp the sentiments and other small images (also from the stamp set). I finished off each card by splattering some Dylusions spray ink (Black Marble and White Linen) on the panels, lining them with black card stock, and then popping up the characters with foam tape. Easter is a wrap!!
- Create a Smile Eggstraordinary Egghunt
- SSS Stitched Rectangle dies
- Neenah Solar White cardstock base; Strathmore Bristol card front; black cardstock (accent)
- Dylusions Spray Ink: Black Marble, White Linen
- Green card: TCW Mini Cubist, Dina Wakley Essentials
- Pink card: TCW Microbial, Dina Wakley Essentials
- Yellow card: Dina Wakley Essentials
- Green card: Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn
- Pink card: Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry
- Yellow card: Mustard Seed and Fossilized Amber
- Green card: Peeled Paint
- Pink card: Picked Raspberry
- Yellow card: Mustard Seed