This is an encouragement card I made for my niece, who will be running in her first Boston Marathon in a few weeks! The design is from Laura Bassen – loved her colors and layout, but I didn’t have the SSS Running with Your Heart stamp set she used. So, I searched for a shoeprint jpg file online, and downloaded it to my Brother ScanNCut. The background for the shoe is Distress Ink in Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire.
The card background uses the SSS Abstract Triangles stamp. I heat embossed the pattern (clear embossing powder), then colored the background with Distress Inks in Candied Apple and Mustrd Seed and my water brush.
I printed the sentiment on my inkjet printer (white font with a black background). The font is called Breezed Caps. Luv the movement it has. The printout seemed abit “flat”, so I inked the entire black strip with embossing ink and put clear embossing powder over it, then heat set.
- SSS Abstract Triangle Stamp
- Neenah Solar White cardstock (base and sentiment)
- Watercolor paper (front panel), black card stock (accent)
- Distress Inks: Chipped Sapphire; Blueprint Sketch, Candied Apple, Mustard Seed,
- SSS Stitched Rectangle Die
- Pretty Pink Posh Clear Droplets