This is a art journal piece that has “accidental layers”. I intended to make a piece with a hand drawn flower as the focal point, accented with a few small bees (from the Hero Arts Love Bug set) and some stenciled daises (from the SSS Oval of Flowers stencil) . But, I totally botched a drawing of a large flower (yikes!). I hate it when I ruin a promising piece!!!
I really liked those cute little bees, so I drew a BIG one to match on regular copier paper and colored it with Copic markers. I also die cut some honeycomb pieces using the Tim Hotlz BIGz honeycomb die. Before cutting, I painted a piece of mixed media paper in the same colors as the background, and stenciled on a few black dots. Then I layered everything up -making sure to cover the areas I disliked, then added some shading and some white dots with my gel pen. Voila! An entirely new piece!
- Dylusions Paints: Bubblegum Pink, London Blue, Squeezed Orange, Crushed Grape, and Black Marble
- The Crafter’s Workshop stencils: Mini Tiny Circles, Mini Swirly Garden
- Dina Wakely Stencil: Mini Favorites
- Faber-Castell Stencils: Lettering Stencil Set
- SSS Oval of Flowers stencil
- Hero Arts Love Bug stamps
- Tim Holtz BigZ Honeycomb Frameworks die
- Tim Holtz Tonic Craft Scissors
- Copic markers
- Signo White gel pen and black gel pen
- Distress Crayons in Black Soot and Hickory Smoke
- Faber-Castell big brush pens (black and grey)
- Dyan Reaveley Small Creative Journal